Finance at the speed of light.
Founded in 2014, Bitso set out to bring the potential of cryptocurrencies to Mexico and LATAM. We prioritise security, transparency and best practice operations, while breaking new ground with innovative product development.
Company committed to developing efficient financial services in Mexico
- Paco Martínez - Head of Customer Relations and SupportPaco holds a Bachelor's Degree in Telecommunications Engineering and a Master's Degree in Information Technology. He has over 5 years of experience in the networking field, mainly working for the IT department of Universidad Autónoma de San Luis Potosí and has been involved with the Bitcoin technology since late 2013.
- Paulina Islas - In-House LegalPaulina is a former Mexican Ministry of Finance Official with 5 years experience on financial regulation and anti-money laundering compliance. She wrote a thesis for a model law on how to regulate virtual currencies in Mexico and is also experienced on Financial Services Free Trade Agreements, as she was part of the Mexican negotiating team of the recently concluded TPP.
- Pablo Gonzalez - Co-founder and CEOPablo holds a Bachelor of Media Arts from Emily Carr University. He started his first company over 8 years ago. His second company continues to operate and generates over 10M USD in revenue per annum. Pablo has over 10 years of design, marketing, and product development expertise. He is also one of the founders of the Mexican Fintech Association.
- Ben Peters - Co-founder and CTOBen holds a Bachelor of Computer Science and a Master of Advanced Computer Science from the University of Manchester. He has over 18 years of experience in technology and is in charge of Bitso’s platform. Prior to Bitso he co-founded and was the CTO of Petromedia, which was acquired by McGraw Hill Financial in 2015.
- Daniel Vogel - Co-founder and PresidentDaniel holds two degrees from Stanford (BA in Economics, BS in Computer Systems Engineering) and an MBA from Harvard Business School. Previously he built Quantcast's Real Time Bidding system, which became the company's main revenue-generating product-line.
- José Rodríguez - VP of PaymentsJose has 12 years of experience working at Mexican and US Financial Institutions on Back, Middle and Front Office. He has been one of the main proponents of Bitcoin in Mexico since 2013, participating in various events and startups.